Monday, November 7, 2011

TGIF (lift your spirits up!)

Aren't Fridays the best? cause Fridays you can sleep late and get out of bed really late the next day. That's the feeling that TGIF is supposed to evoke in you. And somehow it does.. I wonder if that feeling can be captured? Cause then I can take my EEG measurements in TGIF while the experimental subject munches on nachos and buffallo wings with 32 electrodes fixed onto his scalp. (Yes, I only deal with male subjects as guinea pigs. You can never deal with women's emotions. They're nonlinear. True and tested. We're publishing a paper on that).

Sedap
So today, me and Dor (my soul sister from since 11...would you believe it) hooked up and headed to TGIFs. Right after our manicure. Right after we checked out a few handbags at Parkson's. I am so getting that bag. But not now. Perhaps after my trip to Bali. If I don't splurge. And I probably won't. Because I'm only going to Bali for the bird park..

So as usual, TGIF has that dark, mysterious, romantic atmosphere. Any darker and you'd have to grope around for your food. Certainly if your current love interest takes you out on a date at TGIF, he thinks you're high maintainence but worth it --so, be kind and order the cheapest item on the menu, just so that next time he won't feel too bad to ask you out for mee mamak. I'm just saying. Dating tip number #14. How to get a second date if you like the guy. 

We didn't order a lot, seeing as we both had similar goals in mind: I am in a lose-weight competition, Dor is getting married in December, and honey, that dress has got to fit. So, for now at least, we did not binge. Maybe after Dor has 6 kids, we'll order the party platters and go crazy.

And by the way, the food was scrumptiously delicious. Any better we would have marched into the kitchen and added the chef to our facebook accounts. Hold your horses. We didn't.


TGIF,
Alamanda, Putrajaya

Cleanliness: A-
Food: B+ (authentic American food. It doesn't get any better than this.)
Price: ~RM35 per pax (excluding drinks)
Satisfaction Level: A
Service: B (friendly waiters)
Atmosphere: B (A bit too dark for our purposes. Or maybe we picked the wrong table.)

3 comments:

  1. their honey mustard is awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeee =p~

    ReplyDelete
  2. friday friday gotta get down on friday.

    ReplyDelete