Sunday, November 27, 2011

Johnny's (the dude does steamboats~~)

Stuff that's going into the steamboat.
I am writing this entry from the crime scene itself i.e., from the restaurant I am reviewing--as Ning is slurping on the remainder of our steamboat soupie--which she can afford to since she spends at least few hours at the gym...and me? I spend like 20 mins. So, its better for me to stop eating before I actually lose my vivacious coca-cola bottle figure (in-my-dreams).

The place we're eating? Johnny's..that restaurant right at the very end of the foodcourt in Alamanda. Many a time have we trudged through the foodcourt with the sole intention of eating at Johnny's and every single time, we get detered by the delicious array of food on display along the way. Today though, we were determined: having found that the Twilight movie tickets were totally sold out and there was no way we'd be meeting with Edward the vampire tonight, Johnny's will have to do.

To put it mildly, I was mildly surprised. Johnny's is a Chinese steamboat restaurant with prices that were actually quite agreeable. The steamboat for 2 was a mere RM29..not bad eh, and since we're paying to cook the stuff ourselves, the wait for raw meat and veggies to arrive at the table was literally less than 3 mins~~
Seawood noodles with chicken. Like nothing I
have ever tasted before. And I mean that in a good way.

Because I was ravenous I also ordered the seaweed noodles with chicken. That was an additional RM8.90 but it came with Thai tea, ice-cream and a little bowl of tom-yam soup. The tom-yam made me arrive to a new conclusion though...contrary to what Ning had said about this being a Chinese restaurant, I don't think it is, I think its' actually Thai. And while we are on that topic, avoid the Thai restaurant at the bus terminal in cyber, because the last time me and Nadia ate there, there were cicak eggs in the tom-yam soupie.


So Johnny's? It was okay. It did not blow me away but the food was certainly a good variety and the price was not bad at all and in fact cheaper than the foodcourt itself (softdrinks and ice-cream only ~RM2. What?!). Plus there's this steaming couldron of hot soup right in front of you so if you experience one of those akward silences with your dinner companion, you can pretend to get busy and do the cooking instead of toying with your phone and holding a public conversation on facebook. Or if you're like Ning, you can unload your shopping at the table, share steamboat cooking tips and cook at the same time in the true meaning of the word multitasking.

Ning practising to be a good housewife...

This place is great for families. Cook in front of your kids and hubbies why dontcha, and show 'em how its really done without even breaking a sweat. And you don't even have to clean up after. Nice.

Johnny's, Alamanda, Putrajaya
Cleanliness: B
Food: B (good variety)
Price: RM20 per pax (if you get the ice-cream etc. Else it'd be much2 less.)
Satisfaction Level: B+ (we sat outside, and the wind was in my soup. I loved it).
Service: B+ (waiter was friendly and took time to explain to us everything, even though there were so many customers waiting to be served)
Atmosphere: B+ (good crowd, hustle and bustle)
posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment