Friday, March 14, 2014

Saba' :: Still the best!

I love it when my husband has meetings in Cyberjaya. He would call me up and we'd go out for lunch. Or coffee. Regardless, it makes the laboring day pass by faster. Which is just great. Before you know it, I'm in the car on my way home humming a happy tune.

I've done two of reviews on Saba' before, so I won't re-iterate and bog down your brain cells when you can use them for something more productive; like concentrating really hard on the sermon during Friday prayer and becoming a better person an hour later. You can just skim through them old entries here. The pictures are gone, but trust me, its just food photos. Google has a lot of them.

We'd already concluded from the last Saba' post that ordering something else apart from lamb kabsah may be disappointing, so today again, I had ordered the lamb kabsah (awesome as always) and I didn't think to do a review. But my husband had an epiphany and ordered that red-bean dish (picture number 3 below) which I thought tasted extraordinaryly like good spaghetti sauce. I can't recall the name but there's a picture of it in the menu if you want to try it (point and order). It came with an enormous chewy black sesame bread that reminded me of Elfen bread from LOTR ---it keeps you full for hours. Definitely a must-try.

Muttabbal. Best best most awesome appetizer on earth.
Lamb kabsah. A dish so simple the lamb stands out.
Bread and red bean sauce. A!

Saba' is great for going when you are extraordinarily hungry because the dishes are gigantic Arab-size servings served really quickly. Regardless of the so many new places that have popped up in Cyberjaya, Saba' still remains my favourite Arab food place. 

Abang with his schawerma.
Saba'
Cyberjaya, Selangor, Malaysia


Cleanliness: B
Food: A!
Price: Just right.
Satisfaction Level: A+-- I always love eating with hubs.
Service: B++
Atmosphere: A-- too many people. They need to open up a bigger restaurant!

No comments:

Post a Comment