Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Kopitiam Bangi (for people-watching)

Armand with kaya toast. Again.

Lately my mind has been occupied with a great big gigantic black hole that is draining energy out of me and taking up a lot of space in the time domain as well, as a result. Has that ever happened to you? How do i break the cycle and get back to mormal? Luckily, on the outside, I am my regular cheerful self. At least my hormonal levels aren't affected--just low productivity at work. And I don't even smoke. Now on that topic: look out for some weird stuff coming on this blog soon. Possibly tomorrow. On smoking. Just one of my instantaneous crazy projects.

Affects of occupancy of black hole in mind: totally messed up order this morning during breakfast. The waiter suddenly appeared all smiles and presented me with a plate of half boiled eggs on toast. "Excuse me", I said calmly, "you must be mistaken. I ordered scrambled eggs". He looked confused and came back with my chit sheet. That little piece of paper you write your order on. There, quite clearly, was me looking back at my handwriting from a different era: 324 half-boiled eggs 1. Gulp. Am I losing it?




Eggs on toast. I prefer
scrambled. But this was OK too.


Well, there's a first time for everything. Even though my entire life raw eggs have always looked icky to me especially the yolk part, I closed my eyes, gripped the fork tight and dug in. Armand glanced up at me and submerged back into his book. Lately mama has been acting less bossy so that is just fine with him as far as he is concerned. And men always bond through silence anyway, he says.

The first bite. Not bad. The second. Ok. The third. Quite good. And then it was all good from there on. Which goes to show: raw egg yolks isn't all that bad. But scrambled definitely better. 


Armand ordered his regular kaya on toast and that was ok. I thought the bread tasted quite stale but Armand said it was awesome. Clearly, Armand is not ready yet for Australian Junior Masterchef.





This place is not great for eating but great for lepaking and mild conversation. The kind where you just nod your head and agree to everything your dinner friend says while you sip on coffee and watch smokers around you slowly breath in all the negativity of life and puff it out again to old 80's music. 

In fact, the last time I sang here (cause the guy from the live band knows me and called me up), I dedicated it to all the smokers in Bangi and may they quit one day and everyone cheered (very optimistic people these smokers, that's how they manage to ignore the gruesome pictures on the ciggarette packs) . Anyway, will write a better review of this place sometime in the future iAllah because I come here a lot for lepaking and mild conversation. And scrambled eggs on toast.

Kopitiam Bangi (corner lot, sederet dengan hosp Pakar An-Nur)

Cleanliness: B+ (standard)
Food: B 
Price: B
Satisfaction Level: B
Service: A-
Atmosphere: B (feels like I'm in Perak when I am here. Pekan-ish atmosphere. Oldies)


posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment