Sunday, December 4, 2011

Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (nothing special...~)

How pathetic can I be. I make a trip to KLCC like once every blue moon and the one time I do go, I go to Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. Sorry guys. It wasn't totally a meal trip. It was actually a trip to attend the musical broadway Stomp, and wasn't really feeling that hungry right after, probably because I was slowly munching on a chocolate mint muffin throughout the show.

Btw, Stomp was amazing. It was a musical show of sounds generated from regular everyday items like your broom, trashcan, cigarette lighter and paint cans. The coordination and synchronization among the performers just blew me away. And though they uttered less than 10 words altogether, the audience was tickled pink at the drama (the fat guy kept being left out) and I laughed more than when watching the stupid raja lawak show. Will definitely take armand along next year should I get promoted (cause the tickets ain't cheap). Although at this moment in time, that prospect seems highly unlikely (based on the rate at which I am spitting out journals).


Stomp star. The fat guy.  He doesn't look too bad after he took
off  the tummy padding. Autograph session.
My latte and biscotti. The biscotti was nice. 

Okay. Coffee bean. Was ok. The hunk of a Japanese guy sitting at the table next to mine presented me with a chocolate muffin in an exquisite green Tiffany's cardboard box complete with ribbons because he thought I was alone and probably felt extremely sympathetic (Ning's order took so long I was practically deserted). And then he told me he had diabetes which made me kind of glad when Ning finally did arrive with her coffee. Don't get me wrong. He got the muffin for free when he bought a pair of 24-carrot gold ear-rings for his girlfriend. Or was it his mom? Communication breakdown. So not happening.

Ning's coffee and cheesecake. 
Back to Coffee Bean. Again. It was ok. Next time I go to KLCC though, I will definitely try somewhere else to kick back for leisure talk. Lately, I feel like coffee is overpriced, over-rated, too expensive, too bitter and sometimes even too sweet. And while we're on that topic, avoid the Ying-Yong pearl milk tea at Little Taiwan in Alamanda. It is coffee and tea combined and tastes so ridiculous I almost cried over the 6.90RM I spent on it. 



This is what I feel like when I am in KLCC
for more than 3 hours.
Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf, KLCC, KL
Cleanliness: C (I had to ask the waiter to clean the table)
Food: B-/C+ (overpriced, my hazelnut latter was too sweet!)
Price: ~RM16 per pax
Satisfaction Level: B-
Service: C (Ning's iced-coffee took ages)
Atmosphere: open-space, we practically shouted at each other to be heard over the noise. 

posted from Bloggeroid

4 comments:

  1. japanese guy..ehem..sapa tuh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. miza...i like the stomp guy...hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  3. shima..he looks errr..

    ReplyDelete
  4. macam setan...? kekeke...tgh nak suh dia buang tanduk la nieh..

    ReplyDelete