Sunday, December 18, 2011

La Rizz BBB (Breakfast is a global foodfest..!)

Roti bakar. Armand always
goes simple. YES
La Rizz is one of the best places to eat in BBB. Even though located in quite a hidden area, if you're a Bangi old-timer you'd know about it. For future Bangi immigrants and stopper-bys, jot this down: it's near the traffic light junction to ILIM, going towards Alamanda through Sungai Merab. 

The owner of La Rizz, abang Boy, is my backdoor neighbour so if I drop by and he's there, I'd get free food. The last time I went there to pick up Che Nah's farewell cake he gave me a whopping slice of his latest inspiration: Markisa cheesecake. All I can say is..WOW. My youngest sister is so lucky. Her birthday's coming up next.

I would say La Rizz is the enhanced, better, much cheaper and Malaysianized version of Secret Recipe; they do brownies, cakes, cheesecakes and then all sorts of food from all over. That's the best thing about La Rizz: variety. They have everything from roti canai to pizza, to lasagna to nasi campur to bubur to lontong to laksam to ikan bakar to jemput2 to macaroni cheesebake to cornpuffs to baked potatoes. Everything. You want it, they have it. Which is why even early in the morning the place is packed with people.


Crunchy roti canai. YES
Lauk pauk available for breakfast.

The fridge full of goodies. Yes yes yes yes yes yes and yes.
(cheesecakes are RM65 and are as good as Secret Recipes, 
if not better.Choose from OREO, MARKISA, DURIAN, 
RED VELVET, ORIGINAL and more)
I have pretty much tried everything in La Rizz over the years and so this morning when me and Armand went there for breakfast, I just had my roti canai and Armand his toast kaya. And, as if I haven't praised them enough already, even that was very good. Its the variety thing. It gets to you. You get full just looking at what's on display. And since the price is local-standard low, its great value for money.

There's only one thing lacking with La Rizz. They close at night. But that's probably because they're out of food by 4pm. And probably thats why people like them so much. It's business on their terms.

The food I tapau-ed for my parents this morning.
Clockwise: rainbow cheesecake, hotdog and potato salad mix,  cream-puffs &
kuih bom, baked potatoes with cheese & beef lasagna and fried meehun.
To order cakes or make a catering booking call 03-89253800. My family never caters with anyone else for home functions. Tell Abang Boy Shima recommended you. That way he'll send more free food my way. And I can maintain my weight cause I am going skinny with all the admin work they throw at me in the office. ;))

La Rizz, Seksyen 12, Bandar Baru Bangi
Cleanliness: B
Food: A
Price: ~RM10 per pax
Satisfaction Level: A (variety is awesome)
Service: B+ (waiters fast and friendly)
Atmosphere: A (hustle and bustle but I loved it.)



posted from Bloggeroid

3 comments: