Thursday, December 22, 2011

Saba' --again (stick to the lamb kabsah people)

Rice pudding. YES.

In between the last Saba' post and this one, bear in mind that I've dropped by this place several times already, usually for very large orders for the Family and especially when we have visitors at the house. Even the manager now knows me personally and throws me free stuff, and the friendly cashier has given up on my phone number. I must be one of Saba's biggest fan if not the number 1 fan. So embarrassing.


The review this time around is for high tea. Please note, my friend, that high tea is no regular tea. Regular tea is teh tarik and a limp piece of pisang goreng right? like what they throw at you in boarding school and say: be grateful for there are others worst off --in that condescending tone. Well, high tea is where you submerge your words in a thick British accent and discuss the weather accompanied by a substantial meal that includes tea. No kidding.

Mango juice. This is NOT a drink.
This is a MEAL.
We decided to try out something other than lamb kabsah. This was high tea after all, not lunch. Ning had yoga class in like an hour and she cannot possibly do those fantastic postures if she's full of lamb kabsah. We ended up closely scrutinizing the menu for everything other than lamb kabsah which took a lot of effort. Old habits are hard to break and new territory is always scary. But we managed it. And the waiter was ever so patient while Ning screamed hurry up and order woman!

Finally, I ordered the rice pudding, lamb soup, chicken schwerma and mango juice. Ning decisively ordered muttabal, lamb kebab and her adani tea.

The rice pudding was different. It had lemon peels in it which gave me squishes of delight in between random spoonfuls (I love lemon). The chicken schwerma was too dry and too tough. The lamb soup tasted like lamb boiled in salt water but I had a big portion of lamb so it was not that bad. And the mango juice was like mango sludge. It was so thick I nearly choked on it.  I had  to order water and mix my own drink at the table. So the small glass in the picture is the original mango sludge. And the big plastic cup contains my modified version.

Chicken Schwerma. NO. and lamb soup. YES. 
All in all, it was a relaxing high tea, although I'd rather pass by Tutti-Fruitti next time and work on  preventing colon cancer. Dropped Ning off at the taxi-stand to burn off her calories at yoga class and went back to my exciting office for work, work and more work. How exciting can life be? I need to find me another photography competition and work on my under-developed neglected creative side. Know any? share share!


Saba', Cyberjaya
Cleanliness: B/C (restroom and sink could do with a wash)
Food: A-/B+ (go for lamb kabsah)
Price: ~RM20 per pax (including appetizers excluding drinks)
Satisfaction Level:  A
Service: B+ (short wait)
Atmosphere: B (hustle and bustle)

posted from Bloggeroid

2 comments:

  1. yes lamb..can reduce cholesterol level..keke

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true miza...takde scientific evidence to connect the two... ;)

    ReplyDelete