Thursday, April 18, 2013

Hard Rock Cafe KL: for my birthday!!


(Click on pictures to enlarge. Credits to Mazlan Mahdi for the awesome pictures).

Checking out the (expensive) menu.
I guess I am penning this one down more for the memories than the food. Because definitely HRC serves great food. That goes without saying. 

I've been to all the HRC on the east coast of the united states, and several in Europe just for the sake of the hurricane glass (takder keje I know). But somehow when I landed in KL back in 2007, my HRC-glass collecting days were O-V-E-R. The adventuresome little voice inside me now sees life through more sensible lenses. Collecting HRC glasses doesn't bring any worthwhile benefits. Time to move on to more interesting stuff, -- like cameras. Or the hot PMO who's been sending me facebook messages. 

So, essentially, this is my first visit to HRC KL.

My Apple crumble. Which I wouldn't have ordered
if I knew there was cake coming...

Armand and Qayyums Burger. One each.

Mac and Cheese with Garlic Bread. From the kid's menu. Iman's

Fish and Chips. From the kid's menu. Shima's.
She thought she was on a diet. 

Here's what we ordererd: fish and chips (A-), beef burgers (A++), pasta (A), and warm sensuous apple crumble splurged with fresh vanilla ice-cream (soo good its sinful). 

Towards the end of lunch, after everyone had dutifully paid the restroom a visit and popped their balloons ---a kind little lady dropped by our table and made everyone balloon hats and balloon bracelets (I don't know if she's commissioned to do so or homeless)--- this pretty waiter suddenly appears carrying chocolate cake with lighted candles and asks me to stand up on the chair. 

Then he shouts really loudly: birthday girl in the house!!! (or something like that anyway) and suddenly the entire restaurant was singing happy birthday at the top of their lungs like I'm their best friend and they owe me money. I was blushing light peach under my BB cream; it was an extremely embarrassing moment. Standing on a chair reminds me of that day I didn't finish my maths homework, so it wasn't really a huge honour. And Mazlan recorded the entire scenario. But he's going to burn it on a DVD and keep it in a box under his bed because his wife looks too cute on camera on her 26th birthday.

My HRC birthday cake. Just the right size. Because we were STUFFED.

As we left Hard Rock Cafe, we stopped by the HRC souvenir shop and Mazlan got me a hard-rock glass as momento to this memorable afternoon -- adding one more glass to my collection. In return, I got him a Zippo HRC lighter even as my brain screamed you're encouraging him to smoke. Never mind. I love him just the way he is. In sickness and in health. Insya'allah.


Love ALL, serve ALL.
Makes me feel all warm inside.

So love all, serve all, is the catchphrase at HRC. Try going to Hard Rock Cafe KL in your yellowish bullet-ridden singlet and green quack slippers and see if they'll let you pass the door. Make sure you record the entire scene and send me a copy. That will teach them for making me stand on that chair.


Me and Balloon woman's friend.


Before food.

Hard Rock Cafe, 
Kuala Lumpur


Cleanliness: A
Food: A (all American-food)

Price: I am guessing approx RM400 for entire family. Thanks abang. If we went to KFC for my birthday I would still have been happy. Well maybe not as happy but still happy laa....

Satisfaction level: A (my family rocks!!)
Service: A (waiters were nice)
Atmosphere: A 


posted from Bloggeroid

3 comments:

  1. happy birthday shima!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want this for birthday. how did u get the balloons

    ReplyDelete
  3. In hardrock cafe KL they have a person who entertains the customers in the afternoon..

    ReplyDelete