Friday, November 16, 2012

Ben's -- Grey restaurant with food full of colour!

Don't take Ben seriously folks.

This lunch experience occurred few light-years back at Ben's, a restaurant on the 1st floor of KLCC-- tucked away behind the escalator right next to the overpriced Godiva chocolate store. For obvious reasons, Ben has always reminded me of Michael Jackson's pet mouse; the one he sang passionately about. Ben and  Jerry's ice-cream comes to mind too, readily accessible in little tubs at the Blockbuster video store right across the street from campus way back when I was slaving for my degree in some foreign country. Unfortunately, Ben was also the bear actor that killed Brad Pitt in Legends of the Fall. Now Ben has come back in the form of a restaurant to haunt me. 



my mushroom quiche! A++


You can tell a few things about Ben from his restaurant. He's a simple guy and avoids complicated things in life. His favourite color is grey because that's what the weather is like where he came from. And, every time he falls in love, his appetite goes berserk  You'll know what I am talking about when you get there. When you start eating you'll find that Ben is warm, generous and smart with food regardless of the cold exterior he presents (of the restaurant, not his person). Don't ask me how I know. Blame it on the extraordinary powers of deduction and some wild imagination.

Spaghetti in alfredo or mushroom sauce.


To put things in perspective, Ben's restaurant is pretty cool. The food was delicious and adequately priced for the young (and old, and retired) professional. (Hint: if you're still in school, the food-court is just one floor up). I ordered the mushroom quiche that day because I was feeling herbivorous and it tasted just like a quiche should; which clearly implies Ben knows his French recipes well. Mazlan had nasi ayam and it must have been good too because he didn't even offer me a spoonful and he's usually trying to stuff me, and his three colleagues Farhan, Hafiz and Faza who ate with us also had very delicious looking dishes (yes, I tasted their food by sight like the professional and lady-like food critic that I am).

Beef lasagna. A+ I am told!

So go to Ben's, the food is great and my description of him makes you think of Thierry Henry right? Cést la vie ~~all the more reason to go! Credits to Mazlan for the superb photos. Lunch that day was--- after all --in celebration of his new Canon Eos-M camera. Ben would have been honored. He only knows football.


Taken with Mazlan's new EOS-M. Awesome~~
Ben's
KLCC, Kuala Lumpur

Cleanliness: A+
Food: A (excellent)
Price: Around RM20 to 30 per person with drinks (thanks Mazlan!).
Satisfaction Level: B+ 
Service: B (full house at lunch, had to yell for a waiter. apologies).
Atmosphere: Nice and comfortable. 

p/s Ben, please email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment