Monday, January 23, 2012

Nyonya Colors (awesome food that's moderately priced--in KL)

We celebrated the year of the Dragon in Mid Valley with Mark Wahlberg and half of the KL population. And, for those of you who are movie-goers, Contraband, is an extremely violent movie. I was practically on the edge of my seat the entire two hours (wishing for it to be over). Trust the 18 rating given to the movie and leave your kids at home. Children should stick to Nat Geo and the History Channel.


Asam Laksa. YES. YES. Go for it.
Glutinous rice (pulut) with chicken curry.
YES. Ning says.


Since the movie knocked me cold somewhat, I let Ning pick the restaurant for lunch. Besides, it's not like I stuck her picture on that left wall for nothing--she does have a knack at choosing very good food. And once again, I must admit, I was impressed. The place we had lunch at was awesome, and to be honest, I wasn't even that hungry. The asam laksa was excellent. And for RM9.80 I thought it was worth every single penny: big pieces of succulent fish, thinly sliced pineapple (I am a self-proclaimed Pineapple Princess), a drizzle of otak udang and and just the right amount of mint leaves. Ning had the pulut with chicken curry. She said it was marvelous. Take her word for it. She is a loyal citizen of that mall.

So there you go. Nyonya Colors. My first ever favourite restaurant in Mid Valley. Before that, Tony Roma's had potential, but that place is too expensive for it's own good. Now until the next time Ning drags me to Mid Valley, I am going back to Alamanda. 


Nyonya Colors 
(in front of Subway) Mid Valley --there's a halal cert by the counter
Cleanliness: B+ (wasn't paying attention though, could be A)
Food: A
Price: ~RM11 excluding drinks
Satisfaction Level: A
Service: B (queue at the counter, they send your food to the table)
Atmosphere: B+ (packed midvalley style)


posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment