Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Beard Papa's (overpriced cream puffs)

Beard Papa--Auntie Anne's cousin--has this cream puff place right at the corner towards Jusco on the lower level of Mid Valley. And, the delicious smell that emanates from that place is almost as good as walking pass a Famous Amos cookie stall. I was actually on my way to get a box of Krispy Kreme donuts for the clan back at home, when I suddenly decided that perhaps Papa's Beard deserves a chance at stealing my heart (and stomach).  Bearded men are always so sexy. With the exception of Santa Claus. Gross.

The lady who was busy stuffing the cream into the puffs recommended I buy out the entire menu. Do I look like a food reviewer to you? I decided on 4 vanilla puffs and 2 chocolate ones. I'll get the Durian Puff and the Cream-filled Puffy Ring some other time when Papa grows a rocking kung-fu mustache. 

The box the puffs came in was a catchy bright red colour because of the Chinese New Year celebration. Very nice. The eco-friendly bag that fit the box like a glove was also quite cute. No wonder 6 puffs cost me some RM26. I wish I could eat the box and bag as well. I would rather exchange them with a couple more puffs. Puff. The word sounds cuter by the minute. 

Chocolate puff vs Vanilla puff. 2 -- 0
(p/s I liked Vanilla better)

Beard Papa's elaborate packaging.

The judges of Beard Papa's puffs are my mom, Armand and my sister Ocu. Here's what they said:

Ocu: The puffy bit doesn't taste like anything. The chocolate puff is better.

Armand: I like the chocolate puffs better.

My mom: You finished all the puffs!

There you have it. The puffs are good. But will I buy them again? NO. Taste and price does not balance out and it's time to give other puffs a chance.  But, I will take a big long whiff next time I pass them puffs again and recall the puffin' good memories.

Beard Papa
Midvalley, corner towards Jaya Jusco
Cleanliness: N/A
Food: B-
Price: RM26 set of 6 puffs
Satisfaction Level: B (presentation good)
Service: B
Atmosphere: N/A

2 comments: