Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pizza Hut (finally getting it right..)


Did Pizza Hut just sacked their last president and hired a female? Because the change in service and taste from my last order of pizza back then when dinosaurs still roamed the earth, is in one word -- astounding. (You can find me ranting on that in my Domino's post).

Super-supreme stuffed crust. Arrived HOT. 
Under 30 minutes. Triple YES's

I am still puzzled as to what possessed me to order Pizza Hut that fine day. Perhaps I thought Pizza Hut deserved a 6th chance at taste (yep, Pizza Hut has let me down 5 times in the past). Or maybe I was feeling like a stuffed-crust-pizza day and Dominos couldn't cook one up because Pizza Hut still had exclusive rights to  the patent. We shall never know shall we.

So I picked up my sticky smartphone (sticky because Armand's fingers have been all over it) and dialed the 1-300 number. I was put on hold for about 10 minutes listening to some cheesy commercial and nearly gave up when a very young-sounding dude yet to finish school finally picked up and took my order down.

Hawaian Supreme Stuffed Crust. A++
Ok, here's the first shocker: they got my pizzas correct. Wow. Under normal circumstances for most other restaurants, that would go without saying, of course. But for Pizza Hut whose customer reps and waitresses are perpetual trainees, this calls for some coca-cola popping and major fireworks. The last two orders I had made with Pizza Hut was totally messed up: I had ordered pan crust, they sent me hand-toss. I had ordered 2 large for RM40, they sent me 2 regulars charged at normal price. Eating at the restaurant was not such a great experience either. Either they mess up your order or the pizza took so long you'd wonder what they're really doing with the big oven in the kitchen (yes, I've worked at Pizza Hut before. Assistant manager mind you.)

The second shocker: it arrived quickly! The last time we ordered Pizza Hut, it arrived 2 hours and 45 minutes later. By that time, we had already given up and raided the fridge dry. But this time, it arrived within 30 minutes and here's the crazy part: your pizza in 30 mins or free pizza coupon right on the box. Well call me crazy! Domino's watch out! You now have valid competition. Pizza Hut has finally hired a brain with vision and is catching on fast.

But one must never get too excited too quickly. To test that the changes in Pizza Hut was permanent and not some freak in nature, I timidly tried my luck again when I visited my super-Opah in Teluk Intan last weekend (86 years old and still going strong! alhamdulillah). Yep, I was put on hold again for about 10 minutes, and I was beginning to suspect that they're brainwashing me with the Pizza Hut commercial (get away!). When the rep finally answered, I ordered the stuffed crusts again. The rep said Cheesy Lava and stuffed crust are the same. I don't think so but OK.  

The pizzas arrived 40 minutes later but apparently they do not have the free-pizza-if-late coupons in Teluk Intan. A bit surprised but I guess the area is full of elderlies who don't order much pizza anyway, unless their awesome grand-daughters come back for a visit.




Bottom-line: expect gradual changes with Pizza Hut. But they are on the right track. And, by the by, my grandmother asked me to bring along a guy next time I visit. Now I need to find the 1-300 number for it. A biodegradable specimen that comes with a late coupon would be perfect.

:P

Pizza Hut 
(1-300-882525) or at your local mall
Cleanliness: N/A
Food: A
Price: Go for 2 regulars for RM28 or 2 large for RM40. Then stuff-crust it. It saves a lot. The cust-rep won't do it for you (bum). You have to be smart about it.
Satisfaction level: A-
Service: B
Atmosphere: A++ eat with family 


posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment