Friday, June 13, 2014

Moussandra, Solaris :: Mediterranean Cusine!

The bloggers!

When Shing from Hungrygowhere messaged me for a food tasting session at Moussandra I was quite amazed. Somebody actually takes my reviews seriously, I thought. My sisters and close friends usually laugh my blog off like it's the weather report. Well, today the weather is hot with no sign of rain, and again Syabas does not live up to it's name.

So after a hard days Friday work, me and my official photographer--who takes such good pictures they're almost delicious-- drove off to solaris for a food tasting session at Moussandra.. And there we clumsily ventured into the world of Medditeranean cuisine and made some new friends.

We were served several dishes and these are the ones that made an impression on me and cameraman's minds. That's the thing about me and cameraman; when it comes to food, we can come to an agreement almost immediately. On other matters, it may take 5 mins to an hour.

The creme brulee was simply marvellous. It was served on a shallow bowl with a thin layer of crunchy caramelized sugar on top. It was definitely made from fresh milk and eggs and you could literally smell the vanilla with your taste-buds as your throat muscles undergo peristalsis.

Vanilla Creme Brulee. Go for small. Its very filling.
Dates wrapped with beef~
The beef bacon wrapped around dates and almond was good too, and very CGI. Who would have thought that pieces of beef jerky work so well with dates? The experience is like eating meatballs with grape jelly at IKEA. Or cold toast splurged with kaya and eggs in the dimly lit MRSM canteen. The unlikely pairing goes so well you can't believe it.

Crunchy brinjal pizza~~

Then the pizza, which actually tastes more like a crunchy brinjal sandwich compared to your regular pizza. But I think that's because the pizzas of the world left its real identity behind in Italy. I have a feeling this is what pizza actually looked and tasted like when the Italians first gave birth to it. Brinjalish and crunchy.

Lamb lasagna. Why don't you give it a try. Wink wink!

And finally lamb lasagna. My cameraman liked it a lot and had a second serving. When I asked him how much he liked it, he rated 6 out of 10 to my surprise. Which means, if a guy likes you, don't get too excited; its just a little over neutral.

Thanks to Shing for the invite. We enjoyed the drive to from Bangi to Solaris on a Friday night in the drizzling rain and we enjoyed the food so much more. Haven't been to Solaris for ages and definitely saw some very cool restaurants about. When I am done evaluating the restaurants around Bangi and Cyber like some NGO, I will definitely turn my attention to Solaris. 

Until then, ciao..!

Moussandra
Solaris, KL

Cleanliness: A
Food: B
Price: B tad expensive
Service: A+ excellent. Everybody was really friendly~
Atmosphere: Friendly
Satisfaction level: B


“This food tasting session was organised by HungryGoWhere Malaysia – Discover, Eat, Share today!” 

No comments:

Post a Comment