Friday, February 14, 2014

Kiki :: Taiwanese, anyone?



Me and Kak Shan

Numerous people have been telling me that I need to do more reviews of KL restaurants. So I am obliging as I wait for the Faculty CNY celebration pending at 4:30 pm (that's in 15 minutes). Lets see if I can get a post out in 15 minutes. Dress code today: RED! Red psychology is very interesting, so to speak:
  1. Extroverted, optimistic, courageous and confident.
  2. action oriented and physically active
  3. center of attention
  4. radiate a great deal of energy
  5. ambitious and competitive
  6. explorers and pioneers
  7. passion and enthusiasm for life
  8. always in a hurry, wanting to do everything right now, patience is not your best virtue. (my husband was right)
  9. does not procrastinate (this is a LIE)
  10. hard worker (this too)
  11. flare up quickly, calm down quickly 
  12. strong need for control associated with basic survival instincts
  13. somewhat of a know-it-all, not wanting to appear ignorant
  14. determined when you want something, but have a short attention span (in my mom's favourite words: HHTA hangat hangat tahi ayam, as if all other animals have cold t***).
I didn't come up with all these exciting (and somewhat horrible) points myself. I summarized it from here. Of course, I only copied down what I feel are worthy points. And I am never telling you what my favourite colour is. 

So out again with my wicked sister, the Chairwoman of Maxis; you can read her rantings here. She sounds so intelligent you would think all she does is work, read, write her blog and drink coffee. But she does have a life and travels too. And a loving husband. And the regular problem or two; like her husband won't quit smoking. Or her Koi fish suddenly died on her. Normal normal stuff. Just like you and me. Except we pay for our own mobile and data service.


Ayam masak kicap. 
Kak Shan's

Fried mushroom. Very good! No ginger

Yam balls. Good too.. liat sikit

So these are pictures of us at Kiki, KLCC 4th floor foodcourt side. I think it is Taiwanese Cusine, although it may possibly be Chinese or Hong Kong Cuisine. I won't elaborate much because I am not sure how Taiwan cuisine is supposed to taste like. But I noticed a similarity index factor in all the dishes: they had a lot of ginger (halia) in them. Ginger does promote warmth (I learned that in Switzerland) and a lot of gas-passing (I learned that from my grandma). So if you feel cold and bloated-----you know where to go. You got that right: the Mines Wellness Hotel.



Fish in ginger sauce. with spring onion
Receipt in ginger


This was mine.
KIKI
KLCC, 4th floor

Cleanliness: A 
Food: B (a bit bland)
Price: Moderately expensive. Thanks so much KakShan, we will review another expensive place soon OK..ngahaha
Satisfaction Level: A; waiters were nice, place very comfortable
Service: A
Atmosphere: A

2 comments: