Friday, April 18, 2014

Swez Brasserie Eastin Hotel PJ: For a Lovely Surprise Anniversary Dinner


Desert. Truffles and raspberries. So delicious.

This post is dedicated to my significant other, and the wonderful staff at Eastin Hotel with whom I promised an awesome review. Also for all those wonderful wives out there who are thinking on surprising their equally wonderful husbands, here's an idea for you that works. Insya'Allah.

My husband did not see this one coming because it was so intricately planned, if I may say so myself. I asked him to accompany me to Eastin Hotel for a meeting with a virtual friend, and he took the bait and obliged.

I would like to thank the Eastin staff for the crazy rose arrangement on the bed. That was really thoughtful (and funny) I thought, but priceless indeed. I was just as surprised as my husband. He was still looking about the room for the friend we were supposed to meet. He chewed a rose petal and said: these are real~~ I nearly suffocated him with a pillow.

Thanks to the staff at Eastin for the very romantic rose petal arrangement.
 If it was up to me, I would have just strewn everything on the bed.

We went downstairs for dinner at 8:30 pm, and I whatsapped the restaurant in advance telling them of our impending arrival. Hubs was already raring on buying me dinner and he had been surfing on the internet for nice restaurants in the PJ area. When we reached the lobby, Mr Ah Kit (the coffeehouse manager on duty that night), managed to persuade him to a table to check out the menu. But when we got to the table, it was already set and dinner was served. My husband's expression was priceless. Certainly worth more than dinner. If I could replay life, I would have that one expression on repeat 1. Especially when we have our squabbles. 

The food was delicious. I had ordered the dishes in advance back in the comfort of my cold little office a week ago: rack of lamb and brownies for desert for hubs, and salmon and apple pie for me. But I must say again: it was superb and it was perfect. I loved the table arrangement and the garnishing on the food, especially desert. I did mention to the staff this was a surprise anniversary dinner for my husband, but the arrangement they made exceeded my expectations in every way. And for that I owe them a surprise dinner. Which reminds me of the infinite filter I am teaching in class.

Salmon. A!
Rack of lamb, medium well. Superb!
Apple pie with ice-cream.

Brownies with ice-cream. A++

Thanks to Mr Subra, Mr Ah Kit, and Mr Henry for the wonderful arrangments to make this occasion a special one for us, also to Ms Jessylina from reservations for the flower arrangement, and to Ms Iris from customer services for lending me her personal phone charger because I didn't pack one (if you need their numbers let me know). And finally big thanks for my husband for coming along. And for pampering me and spoiling me all this while. And for being very patient with me. And for paying for the anniversary dinner I set up ----behind my back. 

Congratulations to everyone who is celebrating another anniversary this year too (especially my good friend and colleague Zu who shares the same anniversary date with us, except she's on her tenth one!). Life is certainly a very tough journey, but the love and support of a good spouse makes it endurable and worthwhile. Alhamdulillah.

So be a good one! :)  


Our first anniversary. Praying for many more to come. Ameen.

Swez Brasserie, 
Eastin Hotel, PJ


Cleanliness: A
Food: A
Price: Worth it.
Satisfaction Level: A++
Service: A++
Atmosphere: A

No comments:

Post a Comment